Like most moms, I love anything that makes my life easy and less worrisome. Such as…
Prepackaged healthy snacks
Shoes that my toddler can put on himself
Short yet effective workouts
Anywhere I need to go that has a Drive-thru
And even my children’s bath wash
That leads me this week’s “Loving it Friday” item. It’s Raise Them Well’s Foaming Baby Wash ‘n Shampoo. I cannot stop singing praises for this Toxic Free find! Continue reading
It’s finally Friday and the end of September! I know I know where did the month go? I feel like I blinked on September 1st and now here I am.
Though it went by too fast, like most months, I did have some enjoyable and fun take-aways from it. I bid my favorite season farewell, welcomed the new one in with a traditional visit to Hawks Pumpkin Patch and had a wonderful time working out and learning with other moms at an event called Mastering the Juggling Act with Momsanity.
Along the way I found a few things I just love and wanted to share them with you. I also listed an upcoming event that is probably a tradition for most that live in the NC Triad area.
Momsanity Sliders – These are a light weight, easy to take with you, exercising tool. They have become one of my staples in workout equipment. When I incorporate these sliders with workout moves that I do often, I find I work other muscles. Due to my soreness the next day! These sliders are designed to be used on carpet and hard surfaces. I will be going on a beach trip soon and you can be sure these will be tucked into my suitcase! To try them out for yourselves, you can find them on the Momsanity website. Continue reading
How is everyone adjusting to their new fall schedules? I know for some of you the kids are back in school or preschool. Some of you have younger children so things may not be much different, schedule wise, as it was in the summer.
Whichever group you fall into, I’m sure you still need some mommy mental breaks! There are days that just never seem to end and we are at our wits end before lunch. For those kinds of days, I have created a list of simple activities that can possible give you a mommy mental save or at least maybe a recharge.
Walk/run – Get those legs moving! Whether you are just taking laps around the house while the kids nap or pulling out the stroller and heading for a sidewalk, getting fresh air and Vitamin D can help clear your mind and kick in some feel good healthy endorphins.
Quiet time – There are days when I just need at least 10-15 minutes of quiet time. No talking, no TV, no anything making noise. This is a great time to meditate, pray, read, draw, and write or anything that helps calm your overworked mind. This time may look different for each mom. You may need to fit it in before the kids wake in the morning, during nap time or in the school pick-up line; where ever you fit it in it is sure to help your mental state. Continue reading
It’s Friday again!! I hope everyone has had a great week and looking forward to the weekend.
I have had a busy week but these three things listed below have helped me through it. The Momsanity BCAAs and local coffee helped my energy level and the Munchkin fresh food feeder mesh bags have made feeding the baby snacks a snap!
- Momsanity BCAAs – BCAAs stands for Branch Chain Amino Acids. They are important in aiding in your body’s recovery after working out. There are a multitude of BCAAs on the market today, but you are hard pressed to find any that have No extra stimulants, artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. But that is exactly what the Momsanity BCAAs offer, all natural ingredients with a yummy taste. What are BCAAs and why do you need them? The Momsanity coaches break it down in easy to understand language. Check out this blog written by Coach Emily that gives more information about “The What’s and Whys of BCAAs”. I personally use the Momsanity BCAAs daily and give them a high recommendation.
- Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder – These small mesh bags are great for feeding your baby foods you normally would fear as a choking hazard. I can now safely give my baby foods like whole grapes, raisins, cucumbers, etc. Plus, their easy to hold handle doubles as a teething ring.
One of my favorite places to hangout has always been a location that offered coffee and a comfortable place to socialize and work.
In my early 20s it was IHOP late at night and Border’s bookstore during the day, sitting outside in the patio chairs. By the time my 30s hit, coffee shops were more prevalent in the Winston-Salem area so that’s where I went to work, write, socialize and even hold meetings with coworkers and clients.
When I became a mom, I sort of lost the luxury of hanging out at coffee shops (at least not without the little ones) or enjoy their lovely coffee as often. Sadly, most coffee shops do not have one parent convenience that most of the chain coffee places have… a drive-thru. Continue reading
Happy Friday! I hope you all have either a fun-filled Labor Day weekend planned or even a nice quiet, relaxing one.
I am starting a new Friday blog that will feature things I have come to love (or at least strongly liked) each week. Please feel free to tell us about things you have discovered or come to love this week. I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
- Yes, pumpkin flavor season has commenced! There just so happens to be a Dunkin Donuts near my kid’s pediatrician office. Coincidence?? My recently turned 3 year old had his wellness visit this week, so of course I made my usual run through the DD drive thru after his visit. Just out of curiosity, I asked the speaker voice if they happen to have pumpkin flavor out yet. He said YES!! Winning!!! So obviously my simple coffee was “spiced” up with the long awaited pumpkin goodness.
PS- I’m not a fan of, nor do I wish for colder weather to come yet, but I do love my pumpkin.
Some of my favorite movies are just better watched this time of year because they fit the season. And sometimes I watch these favorites if I want to feel like it’s summertime.
- Blue Crush – For me this movie has everything a summer movie should: Girl surfers, sister love, besties, hot jocks and plenty of gorgeous Hawaiian beach scenes.
- Independence Day (the original one) – This one for me is nostalgic. It was a summer blockbuster when I was in high school (Yes, I just dated myself!) and I can’t tell you how many times my friends and I went to see it, we even saw it on our beach trip. Great friend memories.
- Any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies – Hello, it’s a pirate movie! I love anything pirate but most especially in the summer. It just makes me think of sun, water, boating, pillaging…..err, I mean shopping. ;-p
- Jurassic Park (original) – This is another nostalgic one for me and of course another summer blockbuster. I saw it when I was a kid with my family on a trip to New Hampshire. I left the theater in awe of dinosaurs and wanting a Ford Explorer.
- Dirty Dancing – Starts as a family summer vacation, then a hot guy is introduced and a summer romance blossoms. Plus it has a great soundtrack with even better dance moves. Oh yea, and “No one puts Baby in the corner!” Need I say more?
- Shag – This one is not as well-known but it was one of my favorites growing up. It’s about four best friends that head to Myrtle Beach after graduation, in the summer of 1963. They have a lot of fun letting loose before they have to truly start “adulthood” and of course there is a Shag dance contest.
What are some of your favorite summer movies? Share your list with us. 🙂