We are in the midst of the summer’s unbearable heat! One great way for you and the kids to beat that heat is to enjoy a free or discounted movie in the lovely air condition! There are even local events offering movies under the stars! This week’s blog lists all the Summer Kid’s and Family movie events happening in the Triad and surrounding areas.
- Alamance Crossing Kids Shows – During the summer a different movie is played each week on Tuesday-Thursday. The location is 1090 Piper Lane Burlington, NC. The admission is only $1! For movie listings, visit their Facebook page.
- Regal Theater Summer Movie Express – This is happening at two locations, one in Greensboro (3205 Northline Avenue, Greensboro, NC) and the other in High Point (5830 Samset Dr. High Point, NC). At 10am on Tuesdays and Thursdays each of these theaters are showing two children’s movies for $1 per person admission. For a list of movies, visit their website.
- The Grand Theater 12 Presents: Summer Kid’s Flicks – This event is available at two local locations, one in Winston-Salem (The Grand 18, 5601 University Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27105) and the other in Greensboro (Four Seasons Station, 2700 Vanstory Street, Greensboro, NC 27407). This summer on every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10am there will be a children’s movie shown. Admission is $3.50 per person and includes popcorn & soda. For a list of movies visit the Grand Theater website.
- RED Cinemas Free Kids Shows on the Big Screen – The showings will be every Tuesday through Thursday this summer, from 9am – 11am. The location is Stadium 15 at 1305 Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27408. RED Cinemas, together with UNCTV present two of your child’s favorite PBS shows – Dinosaur Train and Zula Patrol, on the big screen! Concessions available for purchase. Click here for a complete list of episodes to be shown.
- Lexington Cinema 8 Summer Kids Movies – During the summer, every Tuesday through Thursday come enjoy a free kid’s movie or pay $4 for popcorn and a drink. The movie starts at 10am. The location is Lexington Cinema at 235 North Talbert Boulevard, Lexington, NC 27292. For movie listings, visit the theater’s website.
- Carmike Cinemas Summer Kid’s Movies – Every Thursday this summer at the Greensboro (Carmike 18 – 4822 Koger Boulevard, Greensboro, NC 27407) and Winston-Salem (Wynnsong 12 Winston-Salem, 1501 Hanes Mall Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) locations there will be a different kid’s movie showing at 10am. The price is $4 which includes popcorn and a drink. Visit here for movie listings.
- Cinemark Brassfield Cinema Ten Summer Kid’s Movies – Every Tuesday and Thursday this summer, visit Cinemark Brassfield Cinema Ten for a different kid’s movie each week. Movies start at 10am. Admission is $1 per movie or pay $5 for 10 movies. This theater is located at 2101 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC 27410. Visit their website for a list of movies showing this summer.
- Bermuda Run Movie Night at WinMock – You and your family are invited to join us for movie night this Thursday at 7pm! Bring you lawn chairs and blankets. Fresh popcorn and beverages available for purchase. No admission charged! A donation of canned goods for the Second Harvest Food Bank is encouraged. The WinMock at Kinderton is located at 168 East Kinderton Way, Bermuda Run, NC 27006. Click here for more information.
- Community Movie Night at Triad Park – Come out to Triad Park (9652 East Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284) this Friday for a free family movie night. The feature this week is Star Wars. Food vendors will be on site at 6:30 with games and activities for the kids. Movie starts at dusk with free popcorn and drinks served 30 minutes prior to the movie start. Bring you blankets, friends and family for a fun evening under the stars! Visit the Summit Church website for more information and future movie events.
- Free Summer Movies on the Lawn – This movie event is held every Friday throughout the summer and will be located at either the Schmidt Park (2150 Elon Park Drive, Elon NC) or Slade Park (404 Ball Park Avenue, Elon NC). This coming Friday’s movie will be featured at Schmidt Park. The movie will be Jurassic Park, starting at 8:30pm. Along with the free movie there will be popcorn and lemonade. Don’t forget your blanket or chairs. Visit the Facebook page for more information.
- Lawnchair Drive-in Movies at Geeksboro – Every Saturday evening this summer at Geeksboro (2134 Lawndale Drive, Greensboro, NC 27408) they are showing a different movie. Doors for each screening opens at approximately 8:30 p.m., with the movie scheduled to start around 9 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. Tickets are $2 each and enjoy delicious popcorn and beers under the stars! Bring your own lawn chair or rent one form us for $1! For a list of movie showings, visit their Facebook event page.
- Carolina Kids Club Movies – This event is Monday (July 13th) and located at the Carolina Theatre (310 S Greene St, Greensboro, NC 27401). Admission is $5 each, which includes a kid’s snack pack, fun & games before the show, live entertainment on the stage & the movie. Doors open at 9am, movie starts at 10:15am. For movies and times visit their website.
Keep this list handy because most of these movie events are happening weekly through the summer. I hope you enjoy at least one movie this summer. Have a great week you all!
Plaid, Pearls and Toddler stains