This week I thought I would fill you all in on the plentiful farmers markets in our area. Now and through the fall is the time where we have lots of different fresh and locally grown produce to choose from. Take a look through the list and I’m sure you’ll find a farmers market close to you.
- Piedmont Triad Farmers Market – Located at 2914 Sandy Ridge Rd Colfax, NC 27235. This market is open year round, Monday-Sunday 7am-6pm. To find out more about what is offered at this market, visit this website.
- Kernersville Farmers Market – Located at 134 East Mountain Street Kernersville, NC 27284. This market is open from May 6th through October 31st and their hours are Wednesdays 8am – noon, 4-7pm and Saturdays 8am – noon. For more information visit their website.
- King Farmers’ Market – Located at the Stokes Family YMCA 105 Moore Rd, exit 122 off US52 King, NC. The market is open from April 22 – October, on Wednesdays from 11am-1pm. Here is their official website.
- Elon Community Church Farmers Market – Located at 271 North Williamson Avenue Elon, NC. This market is open from May through October, on Thursdays from 3pm–6:30pm. You can go to this website for more information.
- Denton Community Farmers Market – Located at Salisbury St, Denton, NC 27239 (in downtown Denton on Salisbury St across from Harrison Park). They are open Wednesdays 4:30-8pm, Fridays 4:30-8pm and Saturdays 8am – noon. Visit their Facebook page for more details.
- Tanglewood Farmers Market – Located at Tanglewood Park 4061 Clemmons Road, Clemmons, NC 27012 (across from the Tanglewood RV Campground and adjacent to the dog park area). Open from Saturday, April 18th through Saturday, October 31st. The Market will be open to the public on Saturdays from 8:30am to noon and on Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm. Patrons will be able to access the farmers market without paying the park entrance fee. Click here for more information.
- Asheboro Downtown Farmers’ Market – Located in Downtown Asheboro, NC. This market will be from May – October and open Tuesdays 7am – 1pm, Thursdays 7am – 1pm and Saturdays 7am – 1pm. Visit The City of Asheboro’s website for more information.
- Burlington Downtown Farmers Market – Located at 268 E. Front St. Burlington, NC. They are open from April through October, on Saturdays from 8am – noon. Here is their official website.
- Peachtree Farmer’s Market – Located at the Davie Medical Center Parking Lot in Bermuda Run, NC. This market starts on May 1 and goes through the fall. They are open Fridays from 3:30-7pm. See their Facebook page for more information.
- Greensboro Farmers Curb Market – Located at 501 Yanceyville St. Greensboro, NC. They are actually open year round on Saturdays from 7am – noon. From April through December they are also open on Wednesdays from 8am- 1pm. Click here for their website.
- Uptowne Market – Located at the High Point Public Library 901 N Main St. They are open May 9th – September 26th on Saturdays from 8:30am – 1pm. For more information on this market visit the High Point city website.
- Gibsonville Market Day – Located at Main St, Gibsonville, NC 27249 (the town green at the intersection of Main St and Burke St). They’re open June until September on Saturdays from 8am until noon. The Gibsonville website has more information on the market.
- Mebane Farmer’s Market – Located at the corner of Clay and Third Streets in Mebane, NC. They are open June through August on Saturdays from 7am-11am. Check out the Mebane website for more information.
- Thomasville Farmers Market – Located at 21 E. Guilford St, Thomasville, NC. They’re open Saturdays from 8am to noon in the months of May – October. Then they are open Tuesdays from 9am to 1pm in the months of June – August. For directions, visit this site.
- Cobblestone Farmers Market – Located in Old Salem at the intersection of West St and Salt St Winston-Salem, NC. They are open from April 18th – Nov 21st on Saturday mornings from 9am – noon. Visit the Old Salem website for more information.
- Iseley Farms – Located at 2960 Burch Bridge Road Burlington, NC. Their vegetable barn (which is a certified roadside farm market) is open April through October on Monday through Saturday 8am-6pm. Click here to visit the Iseley Farm website.
- Clemmons Farmer’s Market – Located at the Jerry Long Family YMCA, 1150 S. Peace Haven Road Clemmons, NC 27012. Local farmers bring their in season produce, products, and crafts every Wednesdays 9am to 1pm, April through October. You can go here for more information and directions.
- Farmington Farmer’s Market – Located at 1723 Farmington Rd Mocksville, NC 27028. This market is open May through September on Saturdays from 8am – noon. Click here for more information on this market.
- Yadkin Farmers Market – Located at 1141 Tennessee St Yadkinville, NC 27055 (behind Yadkinville Town Park). This market is open May 5th through October 10th on Tuesdays 3pm – 6pm, Thursdays 3pm – 6pm and Saturdays 9am – noon. This site can give you more information on the market.
- Lexington Farmers Market – Located at 129 S. Railroad St. Lexington, NC 27292. This market is open from May to October on Saturdays from 8am- noon and Wednesdays 10am -2pm during June through October. Click here for more on this particular market.
I hope you decide to help local farms and farmers by visiting and purchasing from one of these markets on the list. 😀 If you know of another farmers market that I missed, please leave a comment letting us know where it is.
Plaid, Pearls and Toddler stains