Many of us won’t be hitting the road this Memorial weekend, so I thought I’d help out by giving you a list of events happening in the area this weekend. I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday weekend!
- BHHS Yost & Little’s 4th Annual Family Movie Night – Tonight, May 22nd
Gates open at 6:30 pm – Movie starts at 7:30 pm – They are showing the movie Paddington Bear
- Central Carolina Festival May 22nd through 24th – This festival will feature an action-packed midway featuring rides, games and midway food from Drew Exposition. Midway attractions will include the aerial stunt show ‘Galaxy Girl’ and performance artist Statue Via, the statue that comes alive.
Visit site below for times – Tickets can be purchased online and at the event.
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café May 22nd through 24th – There will be live music each day. Visit their Facebook page to see show details.
- $4 Fun Fridays (May 22nd) at the Children’s Museum of Greensboro – from 5 pm to 8 pm – Admissions for all will be cut in half, so instead of $8 it will be $4 between those hours.
- Tour De Food – Winston Salem May 23rd – Starting at 1:30 pm – This is a fun way to get to know downtown Winston-Salem and enjoy great local food. Tickets can be purchased on the following website.
- 15th Annual North Carolina Wine Festival May 23rd – Noon to 6:30 pm – This event will be at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons. Tickets can be purchased online (for cheaper cost) or at the Festival.
- Kid’s Spring Fling Festival and Pool Opening Day May 23rd – 10 am to Noon – This will be a fun-filled morning of activities on the grounds of beautiful Washington Terrace Park. The $3 fee includes a 2-hour unlimited play wrist band for the bounce house and pool admission.
- Glow in the Park 5K May 23rd – 8:30 pm to 11 pm – This fun 5k is going to have seas of foam, a rain storm of UV glow water, and a dust cloud of neon powder! They do have same day registration.
- All-a-Flutter Spring Family Shows May 23rd (and most Saturdays) – 10 am to 3 pm – This is a real working butterfly farm! There is no reservations needed for family shows. Though it is first come first serve to the initial 150 people per time slot. Admission is $6 per person, children under 2 years old are free. Family shows typically last 1-1 1/2 hour(s).
- 7th Annual Memorial Day Commemoration & Picnic May 25th – This free event will be held at Bolton Park in Winston-Salem. It will include entertainment, food and fun for all. HARRY Veterans Community Outreach Services, Inc. hosts this event to help honor the men and women who served this country.
- Zaxby’s Kids Night May 25th – Bermuda Run location – 5 pm to 8 pm – Zaxby’s every Monday is Kids night! Plus, on the fourth Monday (May 25th) of every month kids eat free with an adult meal and have a special event or guest!
- Big Bang Boom Rock Concert May 25th at the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem – 11 am to 12:30 pm – It’s a Big Bang Boom Rock Concert with Kona Ice of Kernersville selling tasty treats outdoors.
Lastly, let’s not forget to take a moment to remember what Memorial Day really means. It is a day of commemorating the men and women who died while serving this country. Thank you to all of those brave people for helping to defend our freedom!